Wednesday 22 April 2020

SUMMER TERM 2020

Welcome back to the Summer Term! 
I will be at my desk during lesson time today. The best times to email me today for rapid response are 
  • 10:30 to 11:00 this morning
  • 12:30 to 1.00 this morning
FIRST You students have completed your NEAs (non-examined assessments) with me - your blogs, productions and creative critical reflections.

  • If you have any NEA work to do that I have outlined in emails, please complete it as evidence of your achievements.
  • If I have emailed that your Mock mark was not representative of your normal standard, please complete the Mock paper that I sent you.
  • If you feel that you did really badly on your Mock and would like to do the alternative questions at home, email me for the paper and supporting notes today.
NOW for class time together. Let us start with the following story by Rudyard Kipling called The Elephant's Child. Read it out to yourself pretending that you are Jack Nicholson with his low, slow drawl. The story is about insatiable curiosity:


You have - I am confident - insatiable curiosity and we are certainly in high and far-off times, so I would like to point you towards developing further media skills.
 
I would like to use our time together productively but without any pressure on you. I would like you to enrol now for a two-week course on script writing. 

I will upload different lessons later in the week as alternatives, but at least try this one first.
  • FutureLearn delivers high quality material with videos, tutorials, online chat
  • It is free and can be joined now
  • Do it at home as much as you like, when you like
  • You'll have a new skill to show for your time
  • Sign up here https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/screenwriting/16/todo/67236https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/screenwriting/16/todo/67236


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.